Step-By-Step Instructions For Writing A Critical Analysis Essay
To write a regular essay is pretty easy, but it gets difficult when you have to analyze another piece of content. A critical essay requires you to read, study and criticize a book, article or text, and this can take a few days if not even more. The final result needs to be objective, well written and interesting for your classmates. If you have no idea how you can write this kind of composition you can take a look at our instructions:
- Choose a text to analyze. It is better if you choose a book or article that you already know. In this way you will not have to spend too much time making research and reading. Also, always go for the compositions that you love; it will make the entire process easier for you and your essay will be ready before you even know it.
- Write down the most important points. While you analyze or read the text, you need to pay attention to some information. First of all, you have to find out what did the author want to obtain with his text; more important than this, did he obtain it? His research methods and arguments are good enough, or there is space for improvement? Did he find any good solution to the problem?
- Arrange all this on a good structure. You can create an outline of you want, just to be sure that you will not forget any important idea. If you do, use relevant titles for every chapter and avoid unnecessary details or complicated terms. The way your critical essay looks is very important because your professor will pay attention to this. If you can’t find a good structure, you can search a few templates on the Internet and build your composition around them.
- State your opinion. Since you read and analyzed this composition, you are supposed to have a clear opinion about it. You can write it in a few paragraphs, as long as you bring arguments to support what you say. If you did not like this particular text, you must clearly explain way.
- Proofread your critical text. Once everything else is done, you can move to this step. You have to pay attention to any grammar mistake that you might have made, and to adjust the punctuation where it is necessary.