Coming Up With The Best Middle School Essay Topic
When you are in middle school, you will be faced with many writing assignments, especially the five paragraph essay. If you are tasked with writing an essay and you need to come up with a great topic, consider the following tips:
- When you are looking for the perfect essay topic, think about something that you like. If you are interested in something, it might make for the best topic. If you already know something about your topic, that is even better because it saves you a lot of time that you would have to spend reading books about the topic and learning all of the information about it.
- Think about things that you have learned in school. It is good to reflect upon the textbooks you have used or the lectures you have had. These often contain great ideas for potential topics.
- You can also think about books that you like to read, shows you like to watch, or articles you recently saw in the news. All of these can help inspire you to think of something that is interesting. If you recently saw a news report about the rise in police violence, you can research what causes police violence and if there are racial elements to that or not. You can also consider your favorite book and evaluate the different themes or characters included in the book and if you can apply them to any other concepts.
- You can try and write about something that you have learned in another class or in another subject. You might consider writing about the movement of dolphins in the ocean, if that was something you learned about in science class. You can use that as the perfect essay topic for an English class.
- You can try and relate your topic to something that you want to know more about for your future. If you want to travel to France one day, you can try and write about air travel, safety for international travel, French politics, what jobs they have in France, or the history of France. All of these things can help teach you something you can use later in life.
- You can try and ask your teacher for suggestions or ask them to approve the list of potential ideas you have so that you can rest assured that you are on the right track with your work.